Job Description – Restaurant Manager
This offering is for a restaurant manager position at Chair 5 in the Break Hotel. We are seeking high-energy, hard-working, forward-thinking and trustworthy persons who can learn quickly, relate to guests and staff members with presence and poise, carry out tasks efficiently, accurately, and communicate effectively with us. This position reports to the General Manager/Assistant Manager of the property.
The responsibilities included in this position are varied:
- Promoting the highest level of hospitality towards employees and guests
- Guest relations and conflict resolution
- Staff hiring, training and discipline
- Cash reconciliation
- Opening and closing procedures
- Reservation book management
- Managing labor costs to meet specified goals
- Managing beverage costs to meet specified goals
- Working with the chef to manage food and labor costs in the BOH
- Working with the chef on menu development and staff training
- Maintaining and designating pre-shift topics and training
- Working with the chef to maintain menu notes
- Maintain and administer menu tests
- Order and maintain direct operating supplies to budget
- Ensure cleanliness and good maintenance of all restaurant facilities
- Promote via social media
- Increase business levels while working to reduce costs and increase profitability
- Other duties as needed
The restaurant manager should be cross-trained for all positions so that they can fill in when needed. In addition, we would welcome input on operating practices and special offers, posts to our blog and social media sites, and any other initiatives that help us meet our goals.
Requirements include exceptional interpersonal skills, polished telephone and email skills, superior attention to detail, computer and organizational skills. The abilities to multi-task, prioritize and shift gears quickly, complete tasks efficiently and accurately, take initiative, work well within a team, and employ situational thinking are also essential. Must be willing to be trained, show excellent follow-through, and be comfortable receiving feedback. We expect our managers to readily step up when something needs to be done, no matter what it may be, and to take pride in providing an exceptional experience for guests while attending to the needs of the business.
Start/end dates: Full time/year round
Days/hours: 45-50 hours per week. More or fewer days/hours per week may be a possibility.
Compensation: Salary TBD
- You must have transportation to and from work.
- You must have a working phone number with voicemail set up.
If you have questions about any of the details described here, or if you have questions about something not mentioned here, please ask and we will be happy to answer them for you.
Our Restaurant (Chair 5) is seeking food runners/bussers. Candidates should be highly motivated with the ability to multi task
- Great all guests in a warm, friendly, and welcoming manner.
- Clean and set tables to restaurant standards
- Expedite food orders
- Help assist the waiter serving food to the tables
- Remove all dishes from the table after all the guests have left and reset tables.
- Serve beverages from bar
- Polish glasses, roll and restock silverware
- Assist with room service
Contact us for more information.
We are hiring immediately for a full and part-time COOK position.
$18-$20+/hr based on experience
Great technique: strong knife skills and a range of cooking methods set you apart. Cleanliness and organization: you know where everything is, and everything has a place.
Comfortable standing for extended periods of time, able to lift up to 50 lbs and continuously bend, reach and twist.
Summary: Prepares and serves food in accordance with applicable federal, state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations with established policies and procedures.
Prepares high-quality food items according to standardized recipes and instructions to meet production, delivery and service schedules.
Cleans kitchen after preparation and serving, maintaining high standards of cleanliness, and keeps refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat.
Ability and willingness to do any job in the kitchen, follow recipes and adhere to food safety and sanitation protocol.
Reliable transportation and the ability to be consistently on time.
Must be at least 18 years old
Spa - On Call RI-Licensed Massage Therapist
We are hiring a licensed massage therapist.
• Occasional PT work
• Able to follow a taught routine
• Generous hourly gratuity, paid out the same day of service
• Neat Appearance
• Team Player
• Great Attitude
Are you interested in working for us but your skills don’t fit easily into one of the above positions? We’d love to hear from you! Click here to email us with your resume.
-TripAdvisor Review: ebst
-Facebook Review: Gail P.
-TripAdvisor Review: Fred P.
-Facebook Review: Elizabeth
-TripAdvisor Review: Onna H
-TripAdvisor Review: joconnor691
-TripAdvisor Review: Melonie S
-Facebook Review: Nancy
-Facebook Review: Lindsay
-Facebook Review: Suzanne
-Yelp Review: Toby H.
-Yelp Review: Marc T.
-TripAdvisor Review: Edward W
-TripAdvisor Review: Freddy
-TripAdvisor Review: Nico
-TripAdvisor Review: Paul S
-TripAdvisor Review: SaintsFanGirl
-TripAdvisor Review: Eileen Montross
-TripAdvisor Review: Anne G
-Expedia Review: Kelleigh
-Expedia Review: Jennifer
-Google Review: Helen Rivera
-Google Review: Nicky Williams
-Google Review: Kirsten Orszag
-TripAdvisor Review: John D