We are seeking an experienced Manager to take responsibility for and manage all aspects of food & beverage at Chair 5. The restaurant manager will be working in collaboration with the Executive Chef. The Restaurant Manager reports directly to General Manager.
Chair 5 is a beach themed bistro located in the Break Hotel. We have two dining areas, our dining room on the first floor and the rooftop lounge on the fourth floor. Our dining room seats roughly 50 guests and our rooftop lounge is about the same not including outside seating on either level. We are open seven days a week and most holidays. We serve both lunch and dinner everyday.
Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Oversee and manage all areas of F&B
- Maintain and improve, if needed, guest experience by monitoring SOS, SOP, and quality of food & beverages served.
- Staff management includes hiring ,training, scheduling, coaching, and disciplining
- Monitoring social media
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems.
- Strong leadership skills and consistent, high level of execution
- Build local draw while still catering to hotel guests
- Inventory controls over PPC, beverage, cleaning supplies, and food.
- Exceptional customer service
- Strong product knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Experience in a high volume restaurant preferred, but not required
- Strong experience in all restaurant positions.
- Must possess a strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment
- Must possess strong leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to build relationships and manage staff (at all levels)
- Excellent math, reading, writing and communication skills
- We are willing to train the right candidate
- Cleaning guest rooms
- Processing laundry in our on-site facility
- Stocking housekeeping supplies
- Cleaning common areas
- Some outdoor work, such as sweeping sidewalks, washing windows, maintaining pool are, and the deck.
- Deep cleaning of the hotel during off peak times.
- Other tasks related to the operation of the hotel.
Qualifications and skills required are:
- Prior cleaning experience preferred but not required
- Attention to detail. WE HAVE VERY HIGH STANDARDS, and rooms must be immaculately clean.
- Able to work efficiently and prioritize multiple daily tasks
- Ability to take direction and learn new methods and procedures that have made our hotel successful.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to lift 35 lbs and do many flights of stairs per day.
Food & Beverage Server
- Greet all guests in a warm, friendly, welcoming manner
- Take guest food and/or beverage orders and input orders into POS system
- Provide friendly, timely, efficient food & beverage service
- Possess a working knowledge of food terminology, food service techniques and sanitation standards
- Sell all menu items and beverages in a positive and professional manner
- Check identification of guests to verify age requirements for the purchase of alcohol
- Process guest checks in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist with Room Service if needed
- Follow all cash handling procedures
- Complete end of shift report and cash deposit
- Bus and reset tables as required
- Maintain cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment and work area
- Perform all site word (opening and closing) as assigned
- Prior food & beverage experience is advantageous
- Good communication, organizational & leadership skills
- Ability to work on a team
- POS experience is an asset
- The ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Reliable & responsible
- A friendly demeanor with excellent communication skills
- Exceptional guest service skills
- An impeccable appearance with superior attention to detail
-TripAdvisor Review: ebst
-Facebook Review: Gail P.
-TripAdvisor Review: Fred P.
-Facebook Review: Elizabeth
-TripAdvisor Review: Onna H
-TripAdvisor Review: joconnor691
-TripAdvisor Review: Melonie S
-Facebook Review: Nancy
-Facebook Review: Lindsay
-Facebook Review: Suzanne
-Yelp Review: Toby H.
-Yelp Review: Marc T.
-Yelp Review: Marc T.