Job Description – Restaurant Manager
This offering is for a restaurant manager position at Chair 5 in the Break Hotel. We are seeking high-energy, hard-working, forward-thinking and trustworthy persons who can learn quickly, relate to guests and staff members with presence and poise, carry out tasks efficiently, accurately, and communicate effectively with us. This position reports to the General Manager/Assistant Manager of the property.
The responsibilities included in this position are varied:
- Promoting the highest level of hospitality towards employees and guests
- Guest relations and conflict resolution
- Staff hiring, training and discipline
- Cash reconciliation
- Opening and closing procedures
- Reservation book management
- Managing labor costs to meet specified goals
- Managing beverage costs to meet specified goals
- Working with the chef to manage food and labor costs in the BOH
- Working with the chef on menu development and staff training
- Maintaining and designating pre-shift topics and training
- Working with the chef to maintain menu notes
- Maintain and administer menu tests
- Order and maintain direct operating supplies to budget
- Ensure cleanliness and good maintenance of all restaurant facilities
- Promote via social media
- Increase business levels while working to reduce costs and increase profitability
- Other duties as needed
The restaurant manager should be cross-trained for all positions so that they can fill in when needed. In addition, we would welcome input on operating practices and special offers, posts to our blog and social media sites, and any other initiatives that help us meet our goals.
Requirements include exceptional interpersonal skills, polished telephone and email skills, superior attention to detail, computer and organizational skills. The abilities to multi-task, prioritize and shift gears quickly, complete tasks efficiently and accurately, take initiative, work well within a team, and employ situational thinking are also essential. Must be willing to be trained, show excellent follow-through, and be comfortable receiving feedback. We expect our managers to readily step up when something needs to be done, no matter what it may be, and to take pride in providing an exceptional experience for guests while attending to the needs of the business.
Start/end dates: Full time/year round
Days/hours: 45-50 hours per week. More or fewer days/hours per week may be a possibility.
Compensation: Salary TBD
- You must have transportation to and from work.
- You must have a working phone number with voicemail set up.
If you have questions about any of the details described here, or if you have questions about something not mentioned here, please ask and we will be happy to answer them for you.
Food & Beverage Server
- Greet all guests in a warm, friendly, welcoming manner
- Take guest food and/or beverage orders and input orders into POS system
- Provide friendly, timely, efficient food & beverage service
- Possess a working knowledge of food terminology, food service techniques and sanitation standards
- Sell all menu items and beverages in a positive and professional manner
- Check identification of guests to verify age requirements for the purchase of alcohol
- Process guest checks in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist with Room Service if needed
- Follow all cash handling procedures
- Complete end of shift report and cash deposit
- Bus and reset tables as required
- Maintain cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment and work area
- Perform all side work (opening and closing) as assigned
- Prior food & beverage experience is advantageous
- Good communication, organizational & leadership skills
- Ability to work on a team
- POS experience is an asset
- The ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Reliable & responsible
- A friendly demeanor with excellent communication skills
- Exceptional guest service skills
- An impeccable appearance with superior attention to detail
- Greeting guests in a friendly, polite, and welcoming manner.
- Determines guest needs, verifies tables availability, and appropriate table seating
- Make sure the distribution of tables is fair to all the servers on the floor.
- Ability to work as a team , i.e. assist bussers, communicate with servers, managers and kitchen for any customer special requests or needs.
- Casual/Business Attire, Chair 5’s First Impression – Dress to Impress
- Phone etiquette is a must. General phone procedures to make a reservation for Chair 5. Must have knowledge of the restaurant, hotel and the area.
- Perform side duties that include cleaning windows & sills, restocking the bathrooms, helping maintain the lobby area
Our Restaurant (Chair 5) is seeking food runners/bussers. Candidates should be highly motivated with the ability to multi task
- Great all guests in a warm, friendly, and welcoming manner.
- Clean and set tables to restaurant standards
- Expedite food orders
- Help assist the waiter serving food to the tables
- Remove all dishes from the table after all the guests have left and reset tables.
- Serve beverages from bar
- Polish glasses, roll and restock silverware
- Assist with room service
Upscale Seafood Restaurant & Bistro
The Break Hotel is seeking a professional Executive Chef who is passionate about working with the freshest seasonally inspired ingredients available and who is creative enough to transform them into delicious delights for our guests. If this sounds like the type of Executive Chef position you have been desiring, apply today for our location in Narragansett, Rhode Island.
Job Description: The Executive Chef will create and lead a team full of culinary professionals, set high standards, and produce remarkably delicious food with eye-catching presentations, ensuring menu items are delivered with excellence all the time while following strict food safety guidelines. Our Executive Chef needs to be extremely motivated, hardworking, hands-on, energetic, experienced, and fully capable of leading diverse culinary associates. Must possess strong communication skills conversing effectively with vendors.
Qualifications: The Executive Chef must have 3-5 years of high-volume experience, preferably in a scratch kitchen. Proven experience creating a safe work environment incorporating teamwork and professional development. Cultivates a positive team-oriented work environment.
- Actively seeks opportunities to improve efficiency and creativity
- Identifies potential in staff, nurturing growth and creativity
- Serves as a role model to the kitchen staff by maintaining high personal standards
regarding timeliness, integrity, attendance and work ethic
- Establishes and communicates team goals that support the kitchen’s strategic and
- Initiates and facilitates hiring and on-boarding activities related to the kitchen
- Ensures that hiring and management practices conducted are in compliance
- Ensures kitchen staff (i.e. regular and temporary) are oriented and trained at the onset of
employment (e.g. cooking procedures, recipes, equipment location, food handling, special
diets, safety procedures, etc.)
- Manages the kitchen staff’s performance (e.g. preparation, cooking, cleaning, sanitation,
attendance, punctuality, productivity, recordkeeping, etc.) by conducting performance
- Creates and follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the kitchen in compliance
with Federal and State regulations
- Performs logistical planning for holiday events and special projects as requested
- Manages catering function e.g. luncheons, meetings, other special events
- Performs cooking to supplement staffing needs when necessary
- Oversees that the Kitchen, equipment and internal and external storage areas
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the experience, knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experienced in using electronic inventory management and payroll systems
- Experience in large-scale food service operations
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, influence and control functional operations
- Ability to work cooperatively with other departments in order to meet functional
responsibilities to our guests
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- ServSafe Manager Certified
- Culinary degree preferred but not necessary
- 5+ years of experience in varied kitchen operations including production
- 5+ years of supervisory/management experience with recipe and menu writing
- Executive Chef experience preferred
- Salary will be commensurate with experience $65,000+
Contact us for more information.
We are hiring immediately for a full and part-time COOK position.
$18-$20+/hr based on experience
Great technique: strong knife skills and a range of cooking methods set you apart. Cleanliness and organization: you know where everything is, and everything has a place.
Comfortable standing for extended periods of time, able to lift up to 50 lbs and continuously bend, reach and twist.
Summary: Prepares and serves food in accordance with applicable federal, state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations with established policies and procedures.
Prepares high-quality food items according to standardized recipes and instructions to meet production, delivery and service schedules.
Cleans kitchen after preparation and serving, maintaining high standards of cleanliness, and keeps refrigerators and storerooms clean and neat.
Ability and willingness to do any job in the kitchen, follow recipes and adhere to food safety and sanitation protocol.
Reliable transportation and the ability to be consistently on time.
Must be at least 18 years old
Spa - On Call RI-Licensed Massage Therapist
We are hiring a licensed massage therapist.
• Occasional PT work
• Able to follow a taught routine
• Generous hourly gratuity, paid out the same day of service
• Neat Appearance
• Team Player
• Great Attitude
Are you interested in working for us but your skills don’t fit easily into one of the above positions? We’d love to hear from you! Click here to email us with your resume.
-TripAdvisor Review: ebst
-Facebook Review: Gail P.
-TripAdvisor Review: Fred P.
-Facebook Review: Elizabeth
-TripAdvisor Review: Onna H
-TripAdvisor Review: joconnor691
-TripAdvisor Review: Melonie S
-Facebook Review: Nancy
-Facebook Review: Lindsay
-Facebook Review: Suzanne
-Yelp Review: Toby H.
-Yelp Review: Marc T.
-TripAdvisor Review: Edward W
-TripAdvisor Review: Freddy
-TripAdvisor Review: Nico
-TripAdvisor Review: Paul S
-TripAdvisor Review: SaintsFanGirl
-TripAdvisor Review: Eileen Montross
-TripAdvisor Review: Anne G
-Expedia Review: Kelleigh
-Expedia Review: Jennifer
-Google Review: Helen Rivera
-Google Review: Nicky Williams
-Google Review: Kirsten Orszag
-TripAdvisor Review: John D