We are seeking an experienced Manager to take responsibility for and manage all aspects of food & beverage at Chair 5. The restaurant manager will be working in collaboration with the Executive Chef. The Restaurant Manager reports directly to General Manager.
Chair 5 is a beach themed bistro located in the Break Hotel. We have two dining areas, our dining room on the first floor and the rooftop lounge on the fourth floor. Our dining room seats roughly 50 guests and our rooftop lounge is about the same not including outside seating on either level. We are open seven days a week and most holidays. We serve both lunch and dinner everyday.
Responsibilities but not limited to:
- Oversee and manage all areas of F&B
- Maintain and improve, if needed, guest experience by monitoring SOS, SOP, and quality of food & beverages served.
- Staff management includes hiring ,training, scheduling, coaching, and disciplining
- Monitoring social media
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy facility environment by following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with health and legal regulations; maintaining security systems.
- Strong leadership skills and consistent, high level of execution
- Build local draw while still catering to hotel guests
- Inventory controls over PPC, beverage, cleaning supplies, and food.
- Exceptional customer service
- Strong product knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required
- Experience in a high volume restaurant preferred, but not required
- Strong experience in all restaurant positions.
- Must possess a strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment
- Must possess strong leadership skills, with demonstrated ability to build relationships and manage staff (at all levels)
- Excellent math, reading, writing and communication skills
- We are willing to train the right candidate
- Cleaning guest rooms
- Processing laundry in our on-site facility
- Stocking housekeeping supplies
- Cleaning common areas
- Some outdoor work, such as sweeping sidewalks, washing windows, maintaining pool are, and the deck.
- Deep cleaning of the hotel during off peak times.
- Other tasks related to the operation of the hotel.
Qualifications and skills required are:
- Prior cleaning experience preferred but not required
- Attention to detail. WE HAVE VERY HIGH STANDARDS, and rooms must be immaculately clean.
- Able to work efficiently and prioritize multiple daily tasks
- Ability to take direction and learn new methods and procedures that have made our hotel successful.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Able to lift 35 lbs and do many flights of stairs per day.
Food & Beverage Server
- Greet all guests in a warm, friendly, welcoming manner
- Take guest food and/or beverage orders and input orders into POS system
- Provide friendly, timely, efficient food & beverage service
- Possess a working knowledge of food terminology, food service techniques and sanitation standards
- Sell all menu items and beverages in a positive and professional manner
- Check identification of guests to verify age requirements for the purchase of alcohol
- Process guest checks in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist with Room Service if needed
- Follow all cash handling procedures
- Complete end of shift report and cash deposit
- Bus and reset tables as required
- Maintain cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment and work area
- Perform all site word (opening and closing) as assigned
- Prior food & beverage experience is advantageous
- Good communication, organizational & leadership skills
- Ability to work on a team
- POS experience is an asset
- The ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Reliable & responsible
- A friendly demeanor with excellent communication skills
- Exceptional guest service skills
- An impeccable appearance with superior attention to detail
Front Desk/Guest Services
The Break Hotel, a 16-room boutique hotel located in Narragansett, RI, is seeking high-energy, hard-working, forward-thinking and trustworthy persons who can learn quickly, relate to guests with presence and poise, carry out tasks efficiently and accurately, and communicate effectively.
- Responding to inquiries and taking guest reservations via phone and online
- Providing hospitality and concierge service
- Providing café service including preparation of coffee beverages and service of small bites during breakfast (for in-house guests only)
- Some cleaning, some laundry tasks, and assisting in keeping the property neat and orderly
- Office work related to the guest reservation system and organization of reservation paperwork
- Inspecting guest rooms after housekeeping
- Any other tasks related to the daily operation of the property
- Because we are a small property, we rely heavily on each crew member. Therefore your commitment to the position is very important.
Exceptional interpersonal skills, polished telephone, and email skills, superior attention to detail, computer and organizational skills. Abilities to multi-task, prioritize and shift gears quickly, complete tasks efficiently and accurately, taking initiative and employing situational thinking are also essential. Must be willing to be trained, show excellent follow-through, and be comfortable receiving feedback. Ability to work effectively as part of a team is important.
Our restaurant (Chair 5) is currently seeking a Host/Hostess. The candidate should be friendly and courteous to our customers as well as a team player.
- Greeting guests in a friendly, polite, and welcoming manner.
- Determines guest needs, verifies tables availability, and appropriate table seating
- Make sure the distribution of tables is fair to all the servers on the floor.
- Ability to work as a team , i.e. assist bussers, communicate with servers, managers and kitchen for any customer special requests or needs.
- Casual/Business Attire, Chair 5’s First Impression – Dress to Impress
- Phone etiquette is a must. General phone procedures to make a reservation for Chair 5. Must have knowledge of the restaurant, hotel and the area.
- Perform side duties that include cleaning windows & sills, restocking the bathrooms, helping maintain the lobby area
Food Runner/ Busser
Our Restaurant (Chair 5) is seeking food runners/bussers. Candidates should be highly motivated with the ability to multi task
- Great all guests in a warm, friendly, and welcoming manner.
- Clean and set tables to restaurant standards
- Expedite food orders
- Help assist the waiter serving food to the tables
- Remove all dishes from the table after all the guests have left and reset tables.
- Serve beverages from bar
- Polish glasses, roll and restock silverware
- Assist with room service
-TripAdvisor Review: ebst
-Facebook Review: Gail P.
-TripAdvisor Review: Fred P.
-Facebook Review: Elizabeth
-TripAdvisor Review: Onna H
-TripAdvisor Review: joconnor691
-TripAdvisor Review: Melonie S
-Facebook Review: Nancy
-Facebook Review: Lindsay
-Facebook Review: Suzanne
-Yelp Review: Toby H.
-Yelp Review: Marc T.
-Yelp Review: Marc T.