Our Narragansett hotel’s interior design is a key part of our “vintage beach community” brand. While our furnishings and features embrace Narragansett’s seaside vibe, they also tap into the surfer nostalgia of the late 60’s — when local surfing legend, Peter Pan, burst onto the scene and put Narragansett on the map. Mid-century flare blends with bold, modern textiles to create a Narragansett hotel that is fun and hip, but also warm and welcoming.
Crafting this look with owners, Jim and Becky Durkin (also of Durkin Cottage Realty), were architect Frank Karpowicz of Frank Karpowicz Architects Interior designer Jocelyn Chiappone of Digs Design Company provided the vision to bridge the classic and the modern, the vintage and the eclectic, the elegant and the savvy. Bob Poulin of RAP Builders and his team were the “boots on the ground” making the plans a reality. When it came to the decor, we focused on using as many talented local artisans as possible including:
- Chris Wyllie – A native of Pawtucket, RI, this talented artist is responsible for bringing to life our 1970’s painting of local surfing legend, Peter Pan. His work is in the permanent collections of The Whitney Museum of American Art, The Fisher-Landau Center for Art, Gibson Guitar, The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and many private collections.
- Susan O’Donnell – Elegant hand printed Gyotaku fish rubbings can be seen throughout the hotel. Each one printed from real fish onto canvas or linen and framed!
- Tracy Glover Studio – A graduate of RISD, Tracy used traditional Italian techniques to craft exuberant, statement-making glassworks for Chair 5.
- Magma Design Group – Landscape architects that brought their creative, collaborative and environmentally conscious vision to our pool area.
- Living Stone Concrete – Local concrete artisans they brought our bar to life by using the creative attributes of concrete to create the heated concrete countertop bar in our main dining room at Chair 5.
We think the team succeeded magnificently here at The Break!
-TripAdvisor Review: ebst
-Facebook Review: Gail P.
-TripAdvisor Review: Fred P.
-Facebook Review: Elizabeth
-TripAdvisor Review: Onna H
-TripAdvisor Review: joconnor691
-TripAdvisor Review: Melonie S
-Facebook Review: Nancy
-Facebook Review: Lindsay
-Facebook Review: Suzanne
-Yelp Review: Toby H.
-Yelp Review: Marc T.
-TripAdvisor Review: Edward W
-TripAdvisor Review: Freddy
-TripAdvisor Review: Nico
-TripAdvisor Review: Paul S
-TripAdvisor Review: SaintsFanGirl
-TripAdvisor Review: Eileen Montross
-TripAdvisor Review: Anne G
-Expedia Review: Kelleigh
-Expedia Review: Jennifer
-Google Review: Helen Rivera
-Google Review: Nicky Williams
-Google Review: Kirsten Orszag
-TripAdvisor Review: John D